The Laws Of God Trump The Laws Of Man
The court will accept these maxims as strong support of a free exercise defense against a copyright holder, or other attacker who seeks to apply a rule of general applicability to a bona-fide worship practice without a showing of substantial damage or commercial entanglement.
- If ever the law of God and man are at variance, the laws of God are to be obeyed in derogation of the 'laws' of man. [Acts 5:29]
- That which is against Divine Law is repugnant to society and is void.
- He who becomes a soldier of Christ has ceased to be a soldier of the world. [2 Timothy 2:3-4]
- Where the Divinity is insulted the case is unpardonable.
- Human things never prosper when divine things are neglected.
- The church does not die.
- That is the highest law which favors religion.
- The cause of the Church is a public cause.
- The Law of God and the law of the land are all one, and both favor and preserve the common good of the land.
- No man warring for God should be troubled by secular business.
- What is given to the church is given to God.
- That which seems necessary for the king and the state ought not prejudice the liberty of the [Christ's] Ekklesia.
- The power which is derived [from God] cannot be greater than [God] from whom it is derived. [Romans 13:1]
- The order of things is confounded if every one fails to preserves his jurisdiction [in and of Christ].
- Every jurisdiction has its own bounds.
- To a judge who exceeds his office or jurisdiction no obedience is due.
- One who exercises jurisdiction out of his territory is not to be obeyed.
That's why the U.S. Copyright Act denies all jurisdiction over religious free exercise use of copyrighted works.